Monday, September 12, 2011

SharePoint 2010 Tip #2: The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available.

I had this problem in my development machine (Windows 7). This problem was in the Managed Metadata Service (which I was trying to configure at the time), but it may affect all the others too. The message I got was: "The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please Contact your Administrator."

The reason was using my AD account to install and run the services and application pools of SharePoint. Since this was a development environment, I did not make extra accounts for a fully fit farm configuration. Due to security restrictions, passwords in our AD need to be changed on a regular basis and that generated the error above. The account was having log in problems, since the password was not a new one. Re-configuring all the services and applications pools to use a different account or resetting the password solved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment