Monday, March 8, 2010

SharePoint 2010 oficial release - May 12th

Microsoft has announced the official release of the new SharePoint version, in the Microsoft SharePoint Team Blog, in this post by Arpan Shah.

This should be a very interesting landmark.

I've been quite busy in a MOSS 2007 project, but I'm planning to get my hands on 2010 in the next few weeks and also attend TechDays 2010, here in Lisbon. From what I've seen, it seems like another huge step for SharePoint, both from the user point of view, but also (this time) for the developer too. Let's hope everything is as nice as it seems at first look.

I only saw some webcasts from Microsoft people, so I think that it might be in fact a great improvement for developers, but I'm guessing (like in 2007) there will still be many tricks to learn, not before some hours of pain. Let's pray for me to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment